Welcome to the jungle, this is no doubt one of the most interesting and jaw dropping cenotes, aka Pet Cementery due to the discovery of various animals skeletons they found inside including the fossilized remains of an extinct prehistoric camel.
Impressive cavern you will be able to see trees growing through the limestone in the caves below and amazing white rock formations, therefore the name Sac Actun, meaning white stone cave.
Access is by the same entrance to Dos Ojos and El Pit cenotes so is worth to have a look around.
- Price is high at $500 pesos but includes tour guide and keeping in mind is an hour long mini tour is completely worth it.
- Not good for claustrophobic people
- The water temperature stays at around 68°F (20°C), so if you get cold easily, rent a wetsuit at the entrance.
- Bring an underwater camera and consider renting a flashlight; guides light the way, but you may want to be able to look around on your own.
- Exploring the caves requires a moderate level of fitness and includes climbing down a ladder and swimming through narrow passageways.
8H9Q+7Q Tulum, Quintana Roo, México